Please read the below listed policies and conditions in full detail before continuing. By agreeing to these terms you acknowledge having reading and understood all terms and conditions relating to the policies.
Your credit card will be debited after making your reservation for the indicated amount at the time of booking. The charge will be in EURO currency and your bill will state: GESTION HOT. TURISTICA MESOL S.A.
IMPORTANT: Rent a car offices work just from 9am till 6 pm, except those located at airports. Please, keep it in mind when you made your reservation
Pick up your car
The rental car company will request following information, when you pick up your rental car:
Payment & Cancellation Policy
- Valid driver license for renter & each additional driver.
Rent a car services requires prepayment. Your credit card will be debited within 24 hours after making your reservation. The charge will be in EURO currency. Car rates above just includes rental services, DO NOT include insurance fees, taxes, service charges or any other additional fees as dro off and additional drivers. Those charges must be paid directly by you to the rental car company. The starting deposit is not included in the price and it may change depending of car category, this deposit will be returned upon returning vehicle.
Once you have paid for your reservation, the following cancellation policy applies:
- If you cancel the reservation 72 hours before your intended arrival date, we will refund you the total amount that you paid for your reservation, minus the amount of 15.00 Euros for administration fees.
- If you cancel the reservation within 72 hours or less of the date of arrival, we will refund you the total amount that you paid for the reservation, minus the amount of the first day of your intended rent for no-show charges.
- Refunds will be credited to your credit card within 72 hours after receiving your cancellation.
Solways accepts online payment with the following Credit Cars (Visa, MasterCard).
All services for cash pay in Cuba such as insurance fee, parking, gasoline, deposit of guaranty, drop off and additional drive will be handled directly between you and the rental car company and will be priced in Convertible Pesos only.
Euros are acceptable currency in the following six tourist locations: Varadero, Jardines del Rey (Ciego de Avila province), Santa Lucia (Camaguey), Covarrubias in Las Tunas, the tourist area of Holguín, and Cayo Largo del Sur. The currency exchange service will be provided at the airports, hotels, banks and Exchange Houses (CADECA, short for Casa de Cambio).
If your are traveling with American Dollars you pay a tax of 10% to exchange pesos convertibles. Other currencies such as euros, British pounds, Canadian dollars, or Swiss francs could be exchange without tax, just the exchange rate available at the moment.
You will receive the car full of gasoline. All cars are using “super especial”. If the tank is not full when you return the vehicle, the rental car company will charge you the difference.
All co-drivers have to be written in the contract with a valid driver license, passport number when the car is checked out. Otherwise, the CDW (insurance) will not cover for any damage made by the driver even though he/she have a valid driver license.
Each additional co-driver will be charged 3.00 CUC on the contract. The rental car company will maximum accept 2 co-drivers per contract.
The rental car company offers child seats. To guarantee that a child seat is available at the check out station, this has to be requested when the reservation is made.
One way fee
The rental car company will charge one way fee if the car is checked in on a different station. The charge will depend on the distance
The rental car company offers (and collects it from you) one insurance CDW (Collision Damage Waiver) that must be paid by you directly to them. CDW reduces the customers responsibility in accidents were the customer has not violated the legislations written on the rental agreement.
The renter has to present the rental car company a valid driver license that is at least 6 months old. If the driver license from its original country is not written in Spanish or English, a international driver license have to be shown.
All reservations confirmed at international airports will be charged with a supplement of 20.00 CUC, which will be paid upon signing the contract to rent a car.
The rental car company requests a minimum age for the renter for renting a car:
Returning of the vehicle
- 21 years old for Skoda Fabia, Audi A3, A4, A6, VW Sharan and others (Minimum 3 years of experience).
- 30 years old for the Audi A4 cabriolet & Audi TT.
- The customer has to return the car according to the agreed date, time and station.
- If the customer change any of the above it is necessary that the customer calls the provider and receive an approval of the changes.
- Furthermore the car has to be returned in the same conditions as when the car was rented. If not, the rental car company will charge the customer the self risk listed on the rental agreement.