Please read the below listed policies and conditions in full detail before continuing. By agreeing to these terms you acknowledge having reading and understood all terms and conditions relating to the policies.
Your credit card will be debited after making your reservation for the indicated amount at the time of booking. The charge will be in USD or EUR according to the selected currency and your bill will state: SOLWAYS ONLINE (PORTUGAL).
IMPORTANT: Rent a car offices work just from 9am till 6 pm, except those located at airports. Please, keep it in mind when you made your reservation
Pick up your car
The rental car company will request following information, when you pick up your rental car:
Payment & Cancellation
- Valid driver license for renter & each additional driver.
Rent a car services requires prepayment. Your credit card will be debited within 24 hours after making your reservation. The charge will be in USD currency. Car rates above just includes rental services, DO NOT include insurance fees, taxes, service charges or any other additional fees as dro off and additional drivers. Those charges must be paid directly by you to the rental car company. The starting deposit is not included in the price and it may change depending of car category, this deposit will be returned upon returning vehicle.
Once you have paid for your reservation, the following cancellation policy applies:
- - If you cancel more than 15 days before the start date of the service, we will reimburse you for the entire amount paid, less an administrative surcharge equivalent to 3% of this amount, with a minimum of 15 USD.
- - If you cancel the reservation within 15 days prior to the start of the service, you will be penalized with 1 day's rent. That is, we will reimburse you for the entire amount paid, less the amount equivalent to the price of 1 day's rent.
- - If you cancel the reservation after 17 hours of the day before the start of the rental service or in case of "no-show" (no presentation on the day and time of collection of the car), you will be penalized with the equivalent of 2 days of rent That is, we will reimburse you for the entire amount paid, less the value equivalent to the price of 2 days' rent.
- - If you return the car before the scheduled date of the reservation as return date, you will be penalized with 100% of the amount paid.
Solways accepts online payment with the following Credit Cars (Visa, MasterCard).
All services for cash pay in Cuba such as insurance fee, parking, gasoline, deposit of guaranty, drop off and additional drive will be handled directly between you and the rental car company and will be priced in Convertible Pesos only.
Euros are acceptable currency in the following six tourist locations: Varadero, Jardines del Rey (Ciego de Avila province), Santa Lucia (Camaguey), Covarrubias in Las Tunas, the tourist area of Holguín, and Cayo Largo del Sur. The currency exchange service will be provided at the airports, hotels, banks and Exchange Houses (CADECA, short for Casa de Cambio).
If your are traveling with American Dollars you pay a tax of 10% to exchange pesos convertibles. Other currencies such as euros, British pounds, Canadian dollars, or Swiss francs could be exchange without tax, just the exchange rate available at the moment.
When picking up the car is delivered with the full gas tank which is not included in the car price, you must pay directly at the rental office.
All co-drivers have to be written in the contract with a valid driver license, passport number when the car is checked out. Otherwise, the CDW (insurance) will not cover for any damage made by the driver even though he/she have a valid driver license.
Each additional co-driver will be charged 10.00 CUC on the contract. The rental car company will maximum accept 2 co-drivers per contract.
The rental car company offers child seats. To guarantee that a child seat is available at the check out station, this has to be requested when the reservation is made.
One way fee
The rental car company will charge one way fee if the car is checked in on a different station. The charge will depend on the distance
The rental car company offers (and collects it from you) one insurance CDW (Collision Damage Waiver) that must be paid by you directly to them. CDW reduces the customers responsibility in accidents were the customer has not violated the legislations written on the rental agreement.
The renter has to present the rental car company a valid driver license that is at least 6 months old. If the driver license from its original country is not written in Spanish or English, a international driver license have to be shown.
All reservations confirmed at international airports will be charged with a supplement of 20.00 CUC, which will be paid upon signing the contract to rent a car.
The rental car company requests a minimum age for the renter for renting a car:
Returning of the vehicle
- 21 years old for Skoda Fabia, Audi A3, A4, A6, VW Sharan and others (Minimum 3 years of experience).
- 30 years old for the Audi A4 cabriolet & Audi TT.
- The customer has to return the car according to the agreed date, time and station.
- If the customer change any of the above it is necessary that the customer calls the provider and receive an approval of the changes.
- Furthermore the car has to be returned in the same conditions as when the car was rented. If not, the rental car company will charge the customer the self risk listed on the rental agreement.