Once you have made the reservation, payment will be made directly at the hotel for the price confirmed.
No. Payments will be made on-line directly to our web site.
All Sol Meliá hotels have a public area where clients can access Internet for an extra charge. In the rest of the hotel chains, there is also a public space, either in or near the premises, where customers can access Internet.
This type of request is confirmed according the availability of the hotel upon your arrival and must therefore be informed when making your reservation.
PCR, which stands for 'Polymerase Chain Reaction', is a diagnostic test that detects a fragment of the genetic material of a pathogen. In the coronavirus pandemic, it is being used to determine whether or not a person is infected with coronavirus. It is the most reliable test to diagnosing COVID-19 infection.
A sample is taken from the patient through a nasopharyngeal swab (swab that is inserted through the nose / mouth) by qualified health personnel.
Once the sample is obtained, it is subsequently analyzed in a laboratory equipped with specialized machinery, providing greater reliability and security in the result. After 48 hours you will be notified to collect the result. In case of requesting the test at home / Hotel, your result will be delivered personally.
Several destinations require the certificate of a PCR test to be able to access the country, even if it is to return to the country of origin.
This test can help you avoid restrictive measures when you arrive at your destination so that you can enjoy your trip.
The Comercializadora de Servicios Médicos Cubanos, S.A guarantees that PCR tests are analyzed in laboratories endorsed by the Cuban Ministry of Public Health to carry out Sars-Cov2 diagnoses.
Multidisciplinary teams integrated by doctors, nurses, technicians, engineers, technologists, psychologists, highly trained and experienced, constitute the essence of Servicios Médicos Cubanos, SA. These professionals are distinguished by the humane treatment of each patient and their families, and by the respect and ethics in their daily practice.
The provincial capitals have centers where you can take the test.
Select your closest center when hiring the service. This information will also appear in the purchase confirmation email so that you always have it available.
Monday to Friday from 8 am - 12:00 pm.
- Standard COVID-19 PCR test, with results in a maximum of 48 hours. The cost of the test is 40.00 USD. If you request the service at home or hotel, a cost of 30 USD is added.
- Rapid antigen test, with results in a maximum of 30 minutes. The cost of the test is 30 USD. It is carry out only at the Las Praderas clinic.
- Confirmation of the purchase of the service.
- Official ID / passport.
The results of COVID-19 PCR test will be delivery in 48 hours.
You must collect the results at the clinic selected for the test, you will be notified by phone or email.
If when purchasing the service, you selected the option "Test at home", the result will be delivered personally to the address specified during the purchase.
Follow these recommendations to make everything easier:
Use a mask
Safety comes first, go to the appointment with your mask and make sure it covers both mouth and nose completely.
You can eat food
It is not necessary that you come fasting. The intake of food or drink does not affect the test result.
Don't come in a group
Each patient has access one by one to reduce crowding. Only children can be accompanied by an adult.
Appointments are spaced in time to avoid crowds of waiting patients. Respect the time indicated in your appointment.
Appointments changes are possible until 24 hours before the date of the appointment.
You should contact us by phone (+53) 7 204 55 77 ext. 1435 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org from Monday to Friday.
To cancel the appointment for the COVID-19 PCR Test, the following will proceed:
- If you cancel up to 24 hours before the appointment, the total amount paid will be refunded.
- With less than 24 hours before the date of the appointment, the client will NOT be able to make the cancellation, and will be penalized with 100% of the total amount paid.
- The NO Show to the appointment, will be penalized with 100% of the total amount paid.
- To cancel the appointment you must send your cancellation request, from Monday to Friday, from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm at least 24 hours before your appointment, to the email email@example.com or contact by phone (+53) 7 204 55 77 ext. 1435.
The antigen test allows to detect the presence of SARS-CoV-2 virus (COVID-19) proteins in the early stages of the disease.
It is a faster and easier test than the PCR test. It does not require analysis of the samples by a laboratory and the result is known in a short time. It varies between 15 and 30 minutes, which can help slow the spread of the virus.
Every time we travel we expose ourselves to unforeseen events that can alter our trip. A medical emergency abroad, the cancellation of our flight or the loss of our luggage, are some of the situations, that unfortunately are not infrequent, and can be a cause of distress. Travel Insurance is the ideal solution that guarantees the necessary protection you might need to solve these situations.
Thinking on you, Seguros Internacionales de Cuba, S.A. (ESICUBA) puts at your service a team of professionals who will accompany and protect you at all times during your trip.
Yes. As from May 1st, 2010, Cuban authorities require the possession of travel insurance with coverage of medical expenses to enter the country. Due to the Covid 19 pandemic, a mandatory COVID 19 coverage was added.
ESICUBA offers the opportunity to purchase an insurance that fulfill the previous requirements.
Our commitment from ESICUBA is to offer maximum tranquility to our clients.
For this reason, our travel insurance offers coverage of medical assistance for contagion or symptoms of the disease. In addition, it covers the expenses of extension of the stay, due to medical quarantine prescribed by the doctors. Repatriation or early return for this cause, is also covered.
The expenses of carrying out PCR test or preventive controls established by health authorities in the medical protocol of entry into the national territory, is not included in this insurance.
ASISTUR is responsible at name of ESICUBA for executing the assistance services required by the Traveler during stay in the national territory.
24-hour assistance service 365 days a year
Address: 208 Paseo del Prado Street, Old Havana, Havana.
Phones: (53) 7866 8920, 7866 8339 and 7867 1315
You must contact the Alarm Center (ASISTUR) by phone or email stating:
• Traveler's Full name
• Address and phone number where is located
• Description of Required Service
• Details of contracted insurance
• Record of Contracted Insurance
• Passport or Identity Card
In case of arrival at the Health Institution without previous notice to the Alarm Center, the Traveler must nearly contact it and provide it details about the event suffered and the received assistance from the institution. This action can also be done by a companion.
• Clínica Cira García Reyes
• Instituto de Cardiología y Cirugía Cardiovascular
• Centro Internacional de Retinosis Pigmentaria
• Hospital Clínico Quirúrgico Hermanos Ameijeiras
• Instituto de Oncología y radiología. INOR
• Instituto de Neurología y Neurocirugía
• Hospital Pediátrico William Soler
• Cardiocentro Pediátrico William Soler
• Hospital de Rehabilitación Julito Díaz
• Instituto de Hematología e Inmunología
• Centro Nacional de Cirugía de Mínimo Acceso
• Centro Internacional de Salud Las Pedreras
• Centro Internacional de Restauración Neurológica CIREN
• Instituto Cubano de Oftalmología Ramón Pando Ferrer
• Instituto de Medicina Tropical Pedro Kouri
• Instituto de Endocrinología
• Centro de Investigaciones de la tercera Edad (CITED)
You should notice at least with 72 hours before at the start date of the travel insurance.
Usted debe reservar con tiempo suficiente. A través de nuestro sitio web tendrá acceso a las dos rentadoras de mayor reputación en el país: CUBACAR y REX, donde puede reservar, pagar y recibir un correo de confirmación al instante.
En Cuba se aceptan los permisos emitidos por cada país.
En las capitales provinciales y municipales es fácil reabastecerse de combustible. Hay que tener en cuenta que en las autopistas las estaciones de servicio se encuentran localizadas a 90 km de distancia unas de otras como promedio. El costo de la gasolina es de 95 centavos CUC y el diesel se cotiza a 75 centavos CUC por litro.
El estado general de las principales avenidas en las ciudades más importantes del país es bueno. La autopista nacional, que cubre desde el occidente hasta el centro del territorio merece especial atención: No existe ninguna iluminación nocturna además de ser frecuentada por ciclos, tractores, vehículos de tracción animal y hasta ganado, por lo que requiere de especial precaución por los conductores.
En Cuba se penaliza severamente la conducción en estado de embriaguez, el exceso de velocidad y el no prestar la debida atención al vehículo. En caso de infracción, la multa será reflejada en el contrato del auto y deberá abonarse al finalizar la renta en la oficina donde se efectúe la misma.
Existen de ambos tipos aunque prevalecen los de cambios mecánicos. Si su intención es rentar uno automático, es recomendable hacer la renta con tiempo suficiente.
Por regla general existen parqueos oficiales en los lugares más frecuentados de las ciudades. No obstante, evite dejar en el auto cualquier objeto o prenda de valor y asegúrese que el vehículo quede bien cerrado.
Es recomendable, si va a viajar por el interior del país, comprar un mapa de carreteras debido al estado deficiente de señalización de las mismas.
Faced with the appearance of a new variant of the coronavirus that causes COVID-19 called “Ómicron” (B.1.1.529), identified as a variant “of concern” by the World Health Organization (WHO), with rapid dissemination, isolating cases in several countries of the world, it is decided to apply new reinforcement measures in the control of international travellers.
1. South Africa, Lesotho, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Namibia, Malawi and Eswatini (formerly Swaziland), upon entering our country must meet the following requirements:
- Present a complete vaccination schedule at the point of entry.
- The negative result of an RT-PCR performed at most 72 hours prior to the trip.
- A SARS-CoV-2 PCR-RT sample will be taken at the point of entry.
- Compulsory quarantine will be applied for eight days in a hotel destined for this purpose, the traveller assuming the costs of accommodation and transportation. Travelers will be able to buy quarantine packages upon arrival, in the STERILE ZONE of international airports.
- A new sample will be taken for PCR-RT to SARS-CoV-2 on the seventh day, and if negative, they will be discharged from quarantine on the eighth day.
2. Travelers from the rest of the world, whether or not are residents in Cuba, upon entering our country must comply the following requirements:
- Present a complete vaccination schedule at the point of entry.
- The negative result of an RT-PCR performed at most 72 hours prior to the trip.
- Random surveillance will be increased, starting with the performance of RT-PCR at the border to travelers from high-risk countries.
In addition to the above measures, for Cubans residing in the country who do not have a complete vaccination scheme, to enter the national territory, will be obliged to:
- Take a sample for SARS-CoV-2 PCR-RT at the point of entry.
- Comply with a mandatory quarantine, for eight days, in a hotel designated for this purpose, the costs of accommodation and transportation should be assumed by the traveler.
- On the seventh day, a new sample will be taken, which if negative will allow the traveler to be discharged from quarantine on the eighth day.
3. Children under 12 years of age, regardless of their nationality, upon arrival in Cuba, will be exempt from presenting a vaccination schedule.
4. Adults who for medical reasons, and properly certified , cannot be vaccinated with any of the vaccines approved until today by the corresponding regulatory agencies, upon arrival in Cuba, will be exempt from submitting a vaccination scheme.
5. When boarding the flight at origin, airlines will require their passengers to provide evidence of a vaccination scheme, or a negative RT-PCR test applied within 72 hours beforehand.
6. The presentation of the Declaration of Health of the Traveler (Affidavit of Health) will be requested.
7. The International Sanitary Control staff will randomly take a sample for RT-PCR at the airport.
8. The use of the nasobuco or facial mask is mandatory inside the airports and port terminals, in closed places such as: restaurants, theaters, cinemas, bars, meeting rooms, etc. Its use, is also required in open places when approaching the counters to request a service or information.
9. Epidemiological surveillance of international sanitary control will be maintained at all points of entry: ports, airports, marinas.
10. All international travelers who arrive in the country through any point of entry and show signs and symptoms of COVID-19 or another communicable disease, will be referred to a health institution for this purpose and a PCR-RT test will be performed.
11. It will remain epidemiological surveillance of tourists in hotel facilities during their stay in the country for that medical care is strengthened by the location of basic health teams.
12. The owners of the rental houses or people who host non-resident travelers in the country are responsible for immediately informing the corresponding health authorities of the appearance of any symptoms that they present.
13. The health areas in the community will maintain the epidemiological surveillance of tourists staying in private homes, establishing the obligation to appear before the health authorities, in case of presenting signs or symptoms suggestive of COVID-19.
14. For Cuban travelers residing in the country, the obligation to appear at the family doctor's office or health area within a period of no more than 48 hours after their arrival is restored, to be followed up by the family doctor.
The Ministry of Tourism works based on a responsible recovery of tourism in Cuba, for which all the facilities that will provide service have the certification of More Hygienic and Safe Tourism (T + HS), thus guaranteeing compliance with the protocols established by the Ministry of Public Health and Tourism.
On the other hand, a second cycle of training is being carried out on the sanitary hygienic protocols of the sector, where state and non-state workers participate, and emphasis is placed on raising the perception of risk and the redesign of the processes that guarantee the tourist operation, in By virtue of compliance with the protocols, without affecting the quality of the service.
The protocols in the facilities are reinforced, the use of the mask in closed places and in the presence of other people, physical distancing (with capacity for the different premises of the facility), constant sanitation, hand disinfection measures, taking temperature, among others.
- Any traveler who arrives in Cuba and tests positive for COVID-19, will be admitted to the Health institutions designated for that purpose in each territory.
- All direct contacts of these travelers will be isolated in designated centers in each territory, or at home, provided that the necessary conditions exist and compliance with this measure is guaranteed.
-You can do it for the cost of $ 30.00 or its equivalent in another freely convertible currency, at the medical facilities listed below:
- Siboney International Clinic
- Camilo Cienfuegos International Clinic
- Institute of Tropical Medicine "Pedro Kourí" IPK
In the rest of the country:
- In the territorial subsidiaries of Cuban Medical Services (SMC)
You should request it from the medical staff of the hotel where they are, preferably upon arrival at the Hotel. Payment for the test should be made by magnetic card.
The strict hygienic-sanitary and safety protocols that show the Certification Tourism + Hygienic and Safe (T + HS) condition are complied with. T + HS. Among them are: measures to maintain physical distancing, existence of means of cleaning and disinfection for hands and surfaces, daily health and temperature controls of tourists and workers, clinical-epidemiological surveillance during the stay of clients in the facilities hotels, with the presence of doctors, nurses and hygiene and epidemiology technicians, 24 hours a day.
- Maintain social distance, follow the flow passages indicated, respect the capacity limitations and meal shifts.
- Remember to follow good respiratory and hand hygiene practices and follow the rules for mask use.
- Whenever possible, pay by card for services not included.
In order to access other services once in the country, please e-mail us or write your request in the “Comments” section on the reverse of your reservation form.
Services include meals, beverages, non-motorized nautical sports and recreation activities in the hotel.
Accommodation rates based on this system include hotel services and taxes however; we do not organize international flights.
ATR 42 500 planes manufactured in France.
The tour leader must foresee and pay an amount of 25.00 CUC per person at the departure of the group, preferably in cash. Payments can be made in one lump sum. Sol Caribe Tours will provide assistance during luggage check in and departure of the flight at no additional coast.
According to existing regulations, some articles cannot be imported into the country. The following equipment can be rented in Cuba: trunkings, radios, audiovisual equipment and professional cameras. In the case of souvenirs and other articles, a list of all the articles shall be faxed to Sol Caribe Tours at least two months in advance. Temporary import of food is prohibited.
The group shall observe the payment policy originally agreed by the parties. The person in charge of the group shall pay for all extra expenses incurred by the group, while in the country. Sol Caribe Tours can change or include services according to the interests of the client, after prior notification with sufficient time in advance. Cancellations of services shall not be accepted once in the country.
Yes. Proposals can be submitted for assessment before the arrival of the group.
Inspection groups will have the same program as the rest of the group. Prices vary according to the season. A 100% discount will be made if the group has more than 30 persons, 30% in the event of 15 to 20 persons and 0% if the number of persons in the group is fewer than 30. Inspection groups of 2 to 3 persons are admitted and only one per group. In the case of more than one inspection groups, only the first one will receive a discount after reception of the group.
Sol Meliá Cuba hotels will appoint a coordinator to work in close coordination with Sol Caribe Tours. At least one person shall be appointed per each group, who will be offer his/her assistance either at the hospitality desk or directly to the clients during their stay in Cuba.
Discounts on the registration fee depend on the type of event. The price of a tourist package is always the same as the delegate’s accreditation fee. However, persons travelling with a delegate will receive special discounts for activities in the program prepared for companions and for excursions after contacting Sol Caribe Tours.
In order to change or cancel a reservation, the client must access the to details about the reservation.
It is possible to travel directly from certain cities in the United States or via a cruiser from Cancun. Travellers must bear a valid Unites States passport and a Cuban tourist card.
No. Travellers must make all the necessary arrangements at the Cuban Consulate in their country of origin. They can also buy a Tourist Card directly in the airport before departure.
No, once payment of the reservation is made on-line,
a confirmation page will appear on your screen indicating that your reservation has been updated in our system and immediately a message will appear confirming your reservation data. Both the page and confirmation message will have a reference number. This number must be used for consultations or other arrangements.
Travelers to Cuba are required a visa or Tourist Card which can be purchased in a travel agency in your country.
The hurricane season begins in June and ends in November.
The client must call our on-line assistance service at: (537)-2043449.
3 hours before flight departure time if your flight is leaving from the same city than the one where you will be picked up. In the rest of the cases, our representative will contact you the day before the departure
The information we require will be supplied voluntarily and will help us to identify you: name, telephone number, e-mail address. Customers are required to fill out a profile form before registering in our electronic bulletin. We guarantee that the information requested will only be used to provide the product or service you requested. This information is compiled at the moment of:
This information is used to respond and process requests for certain products and services which will be offered during the trip planned in conjunction with Solwayscuba.com. This information can be used to:
The client’s information is shared only with authorized service suppliers for the purpose of providing the services and functions stipulated in the contract.
It is used as a guarantee for payment of the first night in case the client does not go to the hotel.
We Only accept Visa and Master Card credits cards.
We are looking for the best deals for you.
It may take a few seconds...